top of page
Female Student with Laptop


Appointments for any legal assistance have been paused until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Appointments are usually available throughout the academic year, please e-mail or use this link to schedule your meeting. These appointments are free. Please bring your Pitt ID, along with any relevant materials to your appointment (e.g. copy of your lease).

Please note that GPSG is a student organization. We are not qualified to give legal advice over the phone nor are we able to arrange legal appointments at times other than those regularly scheduled. The legal professionals are paid by a university account and cannot handle cases against the university.

Individual complaints with the university should be addressed to the Dean of your school, the appropriate administrator, or if that is not successful, to the Vice-Provost for Graduate Studies.

Please let us know whether existing University policies are helpful in your case. Complaints that involve the student body at large can be addressed by the Graduate Student Organization in your school or, if of concern to students beyond your school, by the Graduate and Professional Student Government.

Pitt’s Off-Campus Student Services provides useful information regarding tenant/landlord disputes. Check out their website for more information!


The University of Pittsburgh School of Law offers several free clinics to the public (for those who qualify), including the Taxpayer Clinic, Immigration Law Clinic, and the Family Law Clinic. Below is a list of other local organizations that may be of assistance. Free services are available for qualifying low-income individuals in some cases. Listings here are not endorsements but do let us know whether or not these services are useful.

bottom of page